qemu-devel

Re: Commit 3e7fb5811b or something in that series breaks build?

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: Commit 3e7fb5811b or something in that series breaks build?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 01:01:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jan 2020, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 at 22:41, BALATON Zoltan <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm getting errors about missing headers in qapi/* and build fails on
current master.

I've tried bisecting it which lead to commit 3e7fb5811b where I get:

   CC      qapi/qapi-types-audio.o
cc: error: qapi/qapi-types-audio.c: No such file or directory
cc: fatal error: no input files

I haven't looked, but could you try the usual things to check:
* does your tree have 'stale' files deleted by a commit
  (ie listed in 'git status' as now unknown to git) ?
* did you try a reconfigure and build from clean?
  (ideally this should not be required, but it might help
  narrow down the issue)
* could you test whether you see the issue also with an
  out-of-tree build?

Also fails after make distclean with out-of-tree build in the same way. Seems that --disable-guest-agent option breaks earlier but even without that option I get error later about some rtc chip and build does not finish. I've tried with just

configure --target-list=ppc-softmmu --disable-guest-agent

and get the above error right after it built capstone.a and starts building qapi/* (without --disable-guest-agent it almost gets to the end but fails later). Sometimes I also see these errors:

In file included from qapi/qapi-types-crypto.c:15:0:
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:176:33: error: field ‘qcow’ has incomplete type
        QCryptoBlockOptionsQCow qcow;
                                ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:177:33: error: field ‘luks’ has incomplete type
        QCryptoBlockOptionsLUKS luks;
                                ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:193:33: error: field ‘qcow’ has incomplete type
        QCryptoBlockOptionsQCow qcow;
                                ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:236:30: error: field ‘luks’ has incomplete type
        QCryptoBlockInfoLUKS luks;
                             ^

I've found this:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-01/msg03486.html

which does fix the build for me (I happen to have python 3.5.7 still) so I guess you can add

Tested-by: BALATON Zoltan <address@hidden>

to that patch.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan