qemu-devel

Re: Pre-Christmas meeting notes

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Pre-Christmas meeting notes
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 17:29:31 +0100

On 09/01/2020 16.03, Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy wrote:
> 06.01.2020 20:15, Max Reitz wrote:
>> Misc
>> ----
>>
>> The Wiki’s TODO list is horribly outdated.  What should we do about
>> it?  Maybe archive it and start a new one?  (Most of the things on the
>> current list are either done or we don’t want to do anymore.)
>

> May be, create block/TODO.txt instead? It would be simpler to manage file
> in git than wiki page.

Is it? We removed a bunch of stale TODO files in the past already:

https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=d494d79eabfdac0
https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=9e564a1dde5abc7
https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba43da36983a0bf

And there are some more TODO files in the target/ subfolders which look
also quite stale... so I somewhat doubt that a TODO list in git is much
better than a TODO list in the wiki.

Maybe we just need a proper bug/feature tracker instead (since Launchpad
is IMHO quite a bad choice for bug tracking, too)...

 Thomas