[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v20 0/8] Build ACPI Heterogeneous Memory Attribute Table (HMA
Re: [PATCH v20 0/8] Build ACPI Heterogeneous Memory Attribute Table (HMAT)
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 07:00:53 +0100
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/26.2 (gnu/linux)
"Michael S. Tsirkin" <address@hidden> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 08:53:30AM +0800, Tao Xu wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>> Could this patch series be queued?
>> Thank you very much!
> QEMU is in freeze, so not yet. Please ping after the release.
Just to avoid confusion: it's Michael's personal preference not to
process patches for the next version during freeze. Other maintainers
do, and that's actually the project's policy:
Subject: QEMU Summit 2017: minutes
* Problem 1: Contributors cannot get patches merged during freeze
* Markus Armbruster: Problem 1 is solved if maintainers keep their own
* Paolo Bonzini: Maintaining -next could slow down or create work for
-freeze (e.g. who does backports)
* Action: Maintainers mustn't tell submitters to go away just because
we're in a release freeze (it's up to them whether they prefer to
maintain a "-next" tree for their subsystem with patches queued for
the following release, or track which patches they've accepted
some other way)
* We're not going to have an official project-wide "-next" tree, though
Michael, would queuing up patches in a -next branch really be too much
trouble for you?