qemu-devel

Re: [RFC net-next 00/18] virtio_net XDP offload

From: Jason Wang
Subject: Re: [RFC net-next 00/18] virtio_net XDP offload
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 10:48:07 +0800

On 2019/12/2 上午12:54, David Ahern wrote:
On 11/27/19 10:18 PM, Jason Wang wrote:
We try to follow what NFP did by starting from a fraction of the whole
eBPF features. It would be very hard to have all eBPF features
implemented from the start.  It would be helpful to clarify what's the
minimal set of features that you want to have from the start.
Offloading guest programs needs to prevent a guest XDP program from
running bpf helpers that access host kernel data. e.g., bpf_fib_lookup

Right, so we probably need a new type of eBPF program on the host and filter out the unsupported helpers there.

Thanks