qemu-devel

RE: Network connection with COLO VM

From: Zhang, Chen
Subject: RE: Network connection with COLO VM
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 01:26:50 +0000

Thanks Dave.

> > SSH will connect to colo VM for a while, but it will disconnect with
> > error
> > *client_loop: send disconnect: Broken pipe*
> >
> > It seems to colo VM could not keep network session.
> >
> > Does it be a known issue?
>
> That sounds like the COLO proxy is getting upset; it's supposed to compare
> packets sent by the primary and secondary and only send one to the outside
> - you shouldn't be talking directly to the guest, but always via the proxy.
> See
> docs/colo-proxy.txt

Hi Daniel,

I have try ssh to COLO guest with 8 hours, not occurred this issue.
Please check your network/qemu configuration.
But I found another problem maybe related this issue, if no network
communication for a period of time(maybe 10min), the first message send to
guest have a chance with delay(maybe 1-5 sec), I will try to fix it when I have
time.

Thanks
Zhang Chen