qemu-devel

Re: QEMU Licensing query

From: karina filer
Subject: Re: QEMU Licensing query
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 23:47:08 +0530

Hi All,

QEMU is used in Android Emulator and is licensed under GPLv2.

For one of our customer support we may have to modify QEMU.

 I have below queries,

  • Case 1: No modification in QEMU (QEMU delivered by Google)

Is there any implications if we are not modifying and releasing QEMU externally, but we are sharing an Android image externally that runs on QEMU

  • Case 2: Modification in QEMU (QEMU delivered by Google)

What are the implications if we need to modify and release QEMU, considering that we will also have to release an Android image that will run on this QEMU.

Regards

            Karina