qemu-devel

Re: Sparc Solaris 10

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: Sparc Solaris 10
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 10:17:25 +0100

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 10:01 PM Mark Cave-Ayland
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 02/11/2019 19:56, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
>
> > Cc'ing the SPARC maintainers.
> >
> > On 11/1/19 4:49 AM, Zainuddin AR wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I like to find to find out if you have a working qemu on solaris 10 or 11.
> >> I have
> >> tried the qemu-sun4vniagara but without networking. Is the networking
> >> support for
> >> niagara version available?
>
> I'm not particularly familiar with sun4v, however I'm not aware of any
> current work
> in this area. Do you know which network driver is typically used with sun4v?

The sun4v NIC is currently not implemented. It's well documented in
the opensparc documentation though, so if anyone has time for that,
adding it to QEMU is doable.

At the moment there is just a serial line which can probably be used
for ppp or slip, but I haven't tried it yet.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

SPARC and PPC PReP under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu