qemu-devel

Re: qemu/powernv: coreboot support?

From: David Gibson
Subject: Re: qemu/powernv: coreboot support?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 17:28:42 +1100

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:09:34AM -0500, Marty E. Plummer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 05:53:12PM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote:

> > > Doing so gives me the following error:
> > > qemu-system-ppc64: Could not load OPAL firmware 'build/coreboot.rom'
> > > (this is after I patched the 4mb size limit up)
> >
> > Could you make that rom available ?
> >
> Sure, I think. Not sure about how sending files works in my current mail
> client but will see. Its more or less a 'stock' (as stock as can be for
> a new coreboot target) coreboot.rom file, but I've added some logic into
> the build to fake a pnor ffs header at the end in order to trick hostboot
> bootloader into loading it.

Ok.  Note that the qemu emulated machine doesn't model the hardware
right down to the level of hostboot.  That's wy we're just loading
skiboot and jumping straight into it usually.  I guess clg's stuff to
load pnor images gets us a little closer to the hardware behaviour,
but I think it's still only a rough approximation.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson