qemu-devel

QMP netdev_add multiple dnssearch values

From: Alex Kirillov
Subject: QMP netdev_add multiple dnssearch values
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:53:22 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to create a user (slirp) interface with several `dnssearch` values
using QMP.
But every variant I pass can't do that.

According to the QAPI schema it should be like:

{
    "execute": "netdev_add",
    "arguments": {
        "id": "netdev0",
        "type": "user",
        "dnssearch": [
            {
                "str": "8.8.8.8"
            },
            {
                "str": "8.8.4.4"
            }
        ]
    }
}

I looked through code and find out that `dnssearch` is passing to the
`slirp_dnssearch` (net/slirp.c),
but the only way to execute this function correctly is to pass simply string
(like "example.org") to `dnssearch` OR to use command line options.

What is the correct form of QMP command that I should use?

P.S. Looks like fields `hostfwd` and `guestfwd` has the same issue.

--
Alex Kirillov
Yandex.Cloud