qemu-devel

illegal hardware instruction during MIPS-I ELF linux user emulation

From: Libo Zhou
Subject: illegal hardware instruction during MIPS-I ELF linux user emulation
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 16:15:00 +0800

Hi all,

I have an binary file generated by a cross compiler. The 'file' command says

$ file test
test: ELF 32-bit LSB LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS-I version 1 (SYSV), statically
linked, with debug_info, not stripped.

When I executed it with

$./qemu-mipsel test
qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
[1] 11088 illegal hardware instruction (core dumped) ./qemu-mipsel test

However, when I use another cross compiler that generates MIPS32 rel2 binaries,
it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Cheers,
Libo Zhou