qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Docker Tests

From: John Snow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Docker Tests
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 18:27:26 -0400

Hi, I'm having a regular trainwreck here w/ the Docker test suite and I
have a few questions;

1. Which tests should I expect to work by default? for instance,
make-debug doesn't but I think that might be normal. Is that the only one?

2. Should all tests work for all targets?

3. Which images can I use to run tests? e.g. make docker-test-quick@XXXX
.. the help output shows me ALL images, including your partial ones. I
think we only want to see non-partial images for help output, or make
clear which ones are for tests and which ones are just images.

4. docker8 is listed as a partial image, but doesn't appear to be
consumed by anything. Can it be removed?

- Ditto for debian-sid.
- Ditto for debian-ports.

(should debian-sid and debian-ports actually be promoted to non-partial
images? or, how do I configure the other debian targets to use these as
a base instead?)