qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] libvhost-user: undefined reference to MADV_NOHUGEPAGE

From: Sandra Loosemore
Subject: [Qemu-devel] libvhost-user: undefined reference to MADV_NOHUGEPAGE
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 18:26:52 -0600

Yesterday I tried to build the recent 4.1 release system-mode QEMU for aarch64-none-elf and ran into a compilation error in ./contrib/libvhost-user/libvhost-user.c. It's complaining about MADV_NOHUGEPAGE not being defined. I'm not familiar with that code or even what it does; should that bit of logic be made conditional on MADV_NOHUGEPAGE being defined, or is this indicative of a configuration error for this target? I see the unguarded reference was also present in the 3.0 release so it seems like whatever changed is somewhere else, and I don't know where to look for it or what I should be looking for. :-S Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

-Sandra