qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC,v1] Namespace Management Support

From: Keith Busch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC,v1] Namespace Management Support
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:04:43 -0600

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 10:39:36AM -0700, Matt Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Adding namespace management support to the nvme device. Namespace creation
> requires contiguous block space for a simple method of allocation.

I guess that means this won't handle creating a large namespace
from fragmented unallocated space after various create+delete
scenarios. Capping the create size to the max contiguous extent may not
be so bad, but it may be confusing when UNVMCAP exceeds the largest
possible namespace you can create when we have no good way to report
the max possible creation size.