qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [for 4.2 PATCH 0/3] Remove time reset notifications

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [for 4.2 PATCH 0/3] Remove time reset notifications
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:07:14 +0100

From: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <address@hidden>

Timers have a mechanism for detecting host clock jumps; this relied
on noticing if the time had gone backwards or if it had gone forward
more than 60s since we last read it.  This had assumed that we regularly
read the time, which isn't true any more - we might not read the host
timer until the guest explicitly reads the guest RTC (e.g. hwclock).
This falsely triggers the reset mechanism.

The reset mechanism was only used by the mc146818 (i.e. PC) RTC
anyway; so lets remove it.

Dr. David Alan Gilbert (3):
  mc146818rtc: Remove reset notifiers
  timer: Remove reset notifiers