qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] No archives to download from www.qemu.org/download/

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: [Qemu-devel] No archives to download from www.qemu.org/download/
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:25:32 +0200

When building from the GitHub generated archive
(https://github.com/qemu/qemu/archive/v4.1.0-rc0.tar.gz)
we get:

---
$ ./configure

ERROR: missing file /tmp/qemu-4.1.0-rc0/ui/keycodemapdb/README

This is not a GIT checkout but module content appears to
be missing. Do not use 'git archive' or GitHub download links
to acquire QEMU source archives. Non-GIT builds are only
supported with source archives linked from:

  https://www.qemu.org/download/

Developers working with GIT can use scripts/archive-source.sh
if they need to create valid source archives.
---

Now there are no archive to download at this url...

However from the last mail from Michael Roth, we use:

http://download.qemu-project.org/

Which contains all archives.

Should we update the url display by ./configure?
Or sync the other website?

Regards,

Phil.