qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] 216 Alerts reported by LGTM for QEMU (some might

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] 216 Alerts reported by LGTM for QEMU (some might be release critical)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:08:29 +0000

On 7/14/19 5:30 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> I had a look at some of these before, but mostly I came
> to the conclusion that it wasn't worth trying to put the
> effort into keeping up with the site because they didn't
> seem to provide any useful way to mark things as false
> positives. Coverity has its flaws but at least you can do
> that kind of thing in its UI (it runs at about a 33% fp
> rate, I think.)

Yes, LGTM wants you to modify the source code with

  /* lgtm [cpp/some-warning-code] */

and on the same line as the reported problem.  Which is mildly annoying in that
you're definitely committing to LGTM in the long term.  Also for any
non-trivial bit of code, it will almost certainly run over 80 columns.

r~