qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running an Edk2 based bios

From: Intriago, Matthew
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running an Edk2 based bios
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 14:35:34 +0000

Good morning to all,

I am currently working on using QEMU  to run a BIOS my company has developed.
In order to see if the software was working correctly, I was able to
successfully run the edk2 bios using the following command:

qemu-system-x86_64.exe -bios "C:\Users\matthew.intriago\Desktop\ovmf.fd" -net
none

However, when running the same command using  our personalized bios, QEMU
launches stating that "guest has not initialized display". Theoretically, QEMU
should be able to run the bios since it is edk2 based, the only difference
between the two is that our bios has more features.

If anyone has any insight on what the issue might be I would greatly appreciate
any help.

Thank you,

[Leonardo-DRS-logo_red]
            Matthew Intriago