qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] patch to swap SIGRTMIN + 1 and SIGRTMAX - 1

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] patch to swap SIGRTMIN + 1 and SIGRTMAX - 1
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 10:08:14 +0100

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 at 11:53, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Marlies,
>
> On 6/29/19 1:26 AM, Marlies Ruck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to follow up since I sent this patch a week ago to make sure
> > it was a received.  An ack would be appreciated.
>
> You did not Cc'ed the maintainer, so he likely missed it.
> See:
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#CC_the_relevant_maintainer
>
> $ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f linux-user/signal.c
> Riku Voipio <address@hidden> (maintainer:Linux user)
> Laurent Vivier <address@hidden> (reviewer:Linux user)
>
> BTW you should also look at the next paragraph in this wiki page:
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#Do_not_send_as_an_attachment
>
> Since you credit Peter Maydell, it would be kind to Cc him too.

I have a strong suspicion that if we applied this patch it would
break running a pile of Go binaries that currently work, which means
it's something we need to be cautious about. (The Go runtime special
cases the fact that when it tries to register some signals they don't
work, but will abort on startup I think if it can't register a handler
for SIGRTMAX-1, which will be the case after this patch.)

thanks
-- PMM