qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sketch of a transition of QEMU docs to Sphinx

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sketch of a transition of QEMU docs to Sphinx
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:29:38 +0200

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 21 May 2019 at 19:56, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Currently we have a vague plan that we should migrate our
>> documentation away from Texinfo to using Sphinx, plus some isolated
>> bits of documentation already in .rst format. This email is an attempt
>> to sketch out a transition plan for getting us from where we are today
>> to where (I think) we want to be.
>
> Since nobody seemed to disagree particularly with this sketch,

I don't think rST is an improvement over Texinfo.  As Paolo said, it's
the Perl of ASCII-based markups.  But I (reluctantly) agree with Paolo
that our current mix of Texinfo, rST, Markdown, and ad hoc markup is
worse than consistent use of one markup system, even if it's an
ill-conceived one like rST.

March of progress, I guess.

[...]