qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:15:46 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 18:12, Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's been two new LTS releases of Ubuntu since then
> with Xenial and Bionic, so IMHO, it is pretty reasonable
> to want to drop Trusty rather than continuing to spend time
> on software versions from 2014 and before. Both our Travis
> and Docker setups use Xenial as minimum and the number of
> our developers stuck using Trusty is likely negligible.
>
> What gap is your gcc compile farm filling & can we find an
> alternate way to address that gap that's viable ?

In this case, it's the aarch64 host. I can probably
find something else to run this on, but it's not going
to happen immediately.

> docker containers for non-x86_64 arches that cross compile.

You need to actually run the tests, so merely cross
compiling doesn't suffice. (Running 'make check' catches
a fair number of bugs.)

I've asked the gcc farm admins if they have plans for an
OS upgrade on those boxes.

thanks
-- PMM