qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/37] pci, pc, virtio: features, fixes

From: Wei Yang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/37] pci, pc, virtio: features, fixes
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 08:33:50 +0800

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 01:13:15PM +0200, Igor Mammedov wrote:
>On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:59:03 +0800
>Wei Yang <address@hidden> wrote:

[..]

>> Well, I hope this will not block the merge.
>>
>> I took a look in the change of default-configs/arm-softmmu.mak. The general
>> idea from Thomas is put those hard-coded config to Kconfig.
>>
>> This is fine and what I need to change in my patch is to select ACPI_PCI in
>> the proper place, if my understanding is correct.
>>
>> Two things I need to fix:
>>
>>   * add select ACPI_PCI in proper place of hw/arm/Kconfig
>>   * add a dummy build_mcfg() for link when ACPI_PCI is not configured.
>>
>> Then I have two questions:
>>
>>   * In hw/arm/Kconfig, I don't see one option contains both PCI and ACPI. I
>> am
>>     confused where to put the select.
>>   * put dummy build_mcfg() in aml-build.c works. Igor, do you like this? Or
>>     you haver other preference?
>
>could you point out why we need dummy build_mcfg(), in the first place?

I may made a misunderstanding about hw/arm/Kconfig in recent upstream change.

I thought there would be no configuration to choose both ACPI and PCI at the
same time, which leads to build_mcfg() will not be compiled.

While seems Philip decides to select ACPI_PCI for ARM_VIRT.

--
Wei Yang
Help you, Help me