qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Clearing slirp/ license

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Clearing slirp/ license
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 18:45:12 +0100

Hi

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Marc-André Lureau
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As we are trying to move slirp/ in a standalone project, which
> eventually could be installed as a shared library, we need to clear
> the license.
>
> slirp is supposed to be 3-Clause BSD license (according to
> https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=2f5f89963186d42a7ded253bc6cf5b32abb45cec)
> but it seems to be effectively a 2-Clause BSD (the third clause is not
> in COPYRIGHT)
>
> However, there are two units that are GPL-2:

Thanks Thomas & Cedric.

Since this mail was sent, slirp/src/vmstate.c was added, based on qemu
implementation, which is attributed to Juan Quintela/

Juan, Could you reply that you have no objection in relicensing the
vmstate files as 3-Clause BSD?

thanks!

--
Marc-André Lureau