qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question

From: Andrew Randrianasulu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:01:17 +0300

> Checked off-list, just for the record: looks like your compiled binary tries
> to set up a flat-panel display besides the CRT but flat-panel part of GPU is
> not modelled and with both screens pmon tries to put CRT screen at an 80MB
> offset which can't work as chip has only 16MB VRAM. This results in distorted
> screen. I'm not sure why it does that but it shouldn't try to use flat-panel
> display at the first place because fulong2e mini-pc QEMU tries to emulate is
> not a laptop and has no flat panel. The pmon_2e.bin binary does not do this
> and only creates a CRT screen at offset 0 so I think the config used to
> compile pmon is not right yet.

May be I send you wrong binary :/
sorry, will double-check

distorted screen was when I tried 800x600 or 32 bpp ....

sha256sum /dev/shm/pmon-my/pmon/zloader.2edev/pmon.bin
ecc82c621c33d140ac1ba01a70876f467e47a7cc9eb154a0647c227355d39e60
/dev/shm/pmon-my/pmon/zloader.2edev/pmon.bin

https://ibin.co/4ZKKU0t9xNDE.png - image I got.

mac99 machine with your ati-vga device look like this (after upgrading X and
r128 driver)
https://ibin.co/4ZKLzg90dFZA.png
note again, this is with NoAccel (while strangely overlay still around via
xvinfo)