qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] networking

From: liebrecht
Subject: [Qemu-devel] networking
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:02:09 -0500

The windows 7 guest on linux host had networking out of the box.
It now lost it for some reason.
The qemu string remained the same....

It now want to do DHCP and fails.
It has an intel nic as nic device in device manager.

What i cant understand is how to dop a static network config in this case.
lets say my network is 192.168.1.x

Do i give it a static ip say 192.168.1.33 ?
The mask 255.255.255.0
What must the default gateway be ?
On my linux network this at 192.168.1.100

Should I give an external e.g. google dns or is there a specific internal DNS it needs to use ?

thanks

Why networking just broke I really cannot understand