qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Summit 2018 minutes

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Summit 2018 minutes
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 11:35:48 -0600

On 11/16/18 11:23 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
As usual, during this year's KVM Forum we also held the
QEMU Summit, which is where the more active subsystem
maintainers meet up for a discussion of various maintenance
and other project issues. As always, none of this is set-in-stone
decisions; further input and discussion on-list is welcome.

  * QEMU Leadership Committee: Are changes to committee membership
    necessary (it's been 3 years)?

    The Leadership Committee represents QEMU in the Software Freedom
    Conservancy (the legal home for our project).  At the moment no
    urgent changes are necessary, but we're open to suggestions for new
    members.

No urgent changes were necessary at the time of the KVM Forum, but subsequent announcements about the IBM and Red Hat relationship may require a change in the next year, to avoid having too many members from the same company.

  * MAINTAINERS "R:" (designated reviewer): should this be open to
    anyone?

    The maintainer still merges patches, but R: people have expressed an
    interest in reviewing patches and should be CCed.  There is debate as
    to what exactly R: means.  R: doesn't imply that the person is a
    maintainer although it is sometimes considered as having authority
    over the code.

    Cornelia Huck will send patch to clarify the exact meaning of R:.  It
    will be up to the maintainer to decide who can be added to R:.

Patch available here, if you want to add discussion:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-11/msg02996.html

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266