qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and Kconfig

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and Kconfig
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 19:00:47 -0200

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 09:28:06PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Oops. :)

> Something that affects the hardware seen by the guest is target
> configuration.
>
> Backends do not affect what hardware the guest sees.  Boards and devices
> do; accelerators do, but that's more of a side-effect than something
> intended.

Understood.  My interpretation of "target" was just "a QEMU
binary".  In other words, I thought we were talking about
anything that could be compiled in/out from a specific QEMU
binary.

Do you have a specific reason to restrict the scope to only
guest-visible effects?  Is this just a way to reduce the effort
required for the task, or there are other caveats I'm missing?

--
Eduardo