qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 02/33] tests: Move tests/hex-loader-check-data/ t

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 02/33] tests: Move tests/hex-loader-check-data/ to tests/data/hex-loader/
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 15:31:08 +0000

On 6 November 2018 at 15:15, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:
> No worry, I'm not mad at all, but there might be an issue in your git PR
> workflow, this series also missed your maintainer S-o-b.
>
> Peter: Can you add a such check in your scripts? (during next merge window,
> no hurry).
>
> Rather than your scripts, this should be in scripts a maintainer can run
> locally, such ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --maintainer or
> ./scripts/checkseries.xx.

I have such a check in my own make-pullreq script which I use
for arm pull requests:
https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git/tree/make-pullreq#n98

I can't do much about other submaintainers' workflows
(and the block tree's "sub-submaintainers" setup means
"check all commits have a signoff from the same person as
the merge commit did" won't work either.)

thanks
-- PMM