qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu3.0.0: Linux on non x86 CPUs run x86 executable

From: wj193102
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu3.0.0: Linux on non x86 CPUs run x86 executable
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:33:11 +0800 (CST)

Hi, everyone.
       When I have installed the QEMU3.0.0 in the Linux on non X86 CPUS, I want
to use user space emulator to run X86 executable. So I get the document from
the QEMU web page (QEMU document) .
I find the section 5.3 and read the content. But I have some questions in the
following:
(1)I can't understand the content: "On non x86 CPUs, you need first to download
at least an x86 glibc (qemu-runtime-i386-XXX-.tar.gz on the QEMU web page).
Ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set:
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH". How I get the X86 glibc? And How to use it? Compiling
and installing it in the Linux on non X86 CPUS or not?
(2) I also haven't understood the content:"Then you can launch the precompiled
ls x86 executable: qemu-i386 tests/i386/ls". The file of "ls x86 executable" is
in the any Linux from the path "/bin/ls"  on the X86 CPUS. Is that right?
Please help me to resolve these questions. Thanks very much.