qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM/FDPIC 0/4] FDPIC ABI for ARM

From: Christophe Lyon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM/FDPIC 0/4] FDPIC ABI for ARM
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:01:07 +0200

On 13/04/2018 17:18, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 6 April 2018 at 16:17, Christophe Lyon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

This patch series implements the QEMU contribution of the FDPIC
ABI for ARM targets.

I am currently working on updating the patches for the other toolchain
components, and will upstream them soon. This includes gcc, uclibc,
and gdb.

This series provides support for ARM v7 and later architectures and
has been used to run the GCC tests on arm-linux-gnueabi without
regression, as well as arm-linux-uclibceabi.

Are the QEMU patches OK for inclusion in master?

Hi; I've given the patches a quick look over for structural
issues, though I haven't looked too closely at the details.
I think that given that the support is in Linux master I'm
happy with it also going into QEMU.

NB that Laurent has some patchsets outstanding which rework
the linux-user code to split the per-architecture parts of
signal.c and main.c into per-architecture files rather than
having lots of ifdefs. Those will probably land early in the
2.13 cycle. I mention this just as a heads-up that at some point
you'll find yourself with a somewhat painful rebase.

Thanks for the heads-up, I was unaware of that, and indeed I'd
rather avoid such a rebase.

PS: I'd recommend cc'ing the linux-user maintainers (listed in
the MAINTAINERS file) on your next version of this patchset.

thanks
-- PMM
.