qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/24] RISC-V: Post-merge spec conformance and cl

From: Michael Clark
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/24] RISC-V: Post-merge spec conformance and cleanup v5
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 12:06:36 -0700

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Michael Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I did actually have the full `riscv-qemu-2.12-fixes-v5` tag in the second
> PR. See below.
>
> It was the v4 pull request prior to this where I made the mistake of not
> including the series version in the tag. I had since dropped the
> riscv_isa_string and rcu_read_lock patches so deleted the unversioned tag.
> I'll make sure I always have the series version in the tag in future PRs.
> I'm starting to get the hang of this...
>
> I haven't yet made a riscv-qemu-2.12-fixes-v6 tag. The first 24 commits
> are the same as v5, however, there is the addition of two new bug fixes (25
> and 26). I will wait until I get some feedback and can tag and make a PR on
> Monday or Tuesday next week assuming we don't have to make changes to any
> of the other commits in the series... It seems we still have time to get
> bug fixes in before the final release, and this series has been tested
> quite extensively by folk working on the Fedora port... as I believe they
> have been using the riscv-all branch in the riscv.org repo which includes
> qemu-2.12-fixes (the branch) which will be tagged as riscv-qemu-2.12-fixes-v6
> when I make the next PR, and patch 26 is basically the Fedora patch with a
> comment, checkpatch warnings fixed, and a conditional to only enable the
> behaviour if mttcg is enabled (as uniprocessor mstatus.FS apepars to be
> okay).

I've just pushed a `riscv-qemu-2.12-fixes-v6` tag to the riscv.org repo,
however I think we should wait for some review. Hopefully v7 just adds
'Reviewed-by' to the patches that haven't been reviewed yet... as I don't
mind if we follow the process. I'll try to rally some reviewers. I'll also
try and reserve some time to review other patches, however admittedly I'm
best qualified to do this for target/riscv and hw/riscv as those are the
areas I am familar with. The mstatus.FS fix i've added Signed-off-by. I
think this workaround is preferrable to a corrupt floating point register
file, unless I can get a more comprehensive fix for the QEMU 2.12 release.
I've checked with Palmer, and he thinks the workaround is okay, and
preferrable to the current state. I think the new commit 26 in the series
is one of the more important bug fixes.