qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL2 UI behavior of switching views

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL2 UI behavior of switching views
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:21:02 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 06:43:44PM +0300, Anatoly Trosinenko wrote:
When QEMU is run with GTK UI, it changes what is drawn on its single window
when I press Ctrl-Alt-{1,2,3,4}. But when I use SDL2 UI, it opens multiple
windows: a separate window per each view (display, monitor, serial,
parallel). Is it by design or is it a bug?

It's intentional.  With gtk you can have separate windows too (try "View/Detach
Tab").

Is there an option also to get back the old SDL1 behaviour with SDL2? Could that be made the default to make the transition easier?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan