qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/19] Initial support for Hypervisor.framewor

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v3 00/19] Initial support for Hypervisor.framework
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:13:54 -0500

> On Dec 22, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 22/12/2017 17:51, Programmingkid wrote:
>> Thanks. When I tried using qemu-system-i386 with the -accel hvf feature I
>> saw this error: accel=hvf: No accelerator found.
>>
>> I tried to build the qemu-system-x86_64 target but I also saw this error:
>>
>> /Users/misbah/desktop/qemu/target/i386/hvf/x86_task.c:23:10: fatal error:
>>      'x86_cpuid.h' file not found
>> #include "x86_cpuid.h"
>>         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> 1 error generated.
>
> Just remove the line, that's what Peter was complaining about. :)  Also,
> the top two commits in the branch are not included in the pull request.
>
> Paolo

Excellent job! With this accelerator I was able to watch a youtube video in my
Windows XP guest. Without the accelerator youtube isn't even usable.

When I add "-smp 2", Windows XP does not boot. This error message is displayed:

Warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.svm [bit 2]

In the BSOD, I see this error message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I tried experimenting with -cpu pentium3, -cpu pentium, -cpu qemu64, and -cpu
core2duo, but none of them changed the error message.