qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu query ( support for new board)

From: Fahad Butt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu query ( support for new board)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:57:19 +0200

Greetings qemu community,

I am a master student here in germany and currently doing my master thesis. I
want to use qemu for emulation and i just have few questions and will be very
happy to get thek all answered by you experts:

1- I want to know whether qemu can be cycle accurate or not? from my search i
believe it is not cycle accurate. But is it possible? Cycle accuracy? If not.
Can you suggest any emulator for a cortex m4 processor based board?

2- I want to emulate my cortex m4 hardware using qemu. But this discovery board
isnt directly supported by qemu. What needs to be done to support another
cortex m4 discovery board for emulation?

3- is the Floating point unit and the DSP instructions supported by QEMU?

Please try to answer my questions asap. I will be really thankful and it is a
big puzzle in my master thesis. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Fahad masood