qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ivshmem Windows Driver

From: Ladi Prosek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ivshmem Windows Driver
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:35:14 +0200

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ladi & Yan,
>
> I am pleased to present the completed driver for review, please see:
>
> https://github.com/gnif/kvm-guest-drivers-windows

Awesome!

Feel free to open pull request, it should be easier to comment on.

* WoW considerations: It would be nice if the driver could detect that
the map request is coming from a 32-bit process and expect a different
layout of struct IVSHMEM_MMAP.

* It would be cleaner to use READ_REGISTER_* and WRITE_REGISTER_*
from/to IVSHMEMDeviceRegisters instead of plain memory accesses. Or at
the very least the accesses should be marked volatile.

* In ivshmem.inf: ManufacturerName="Red Hat, Inc." instead of "RedHat"

* Is any of the API used by the driver Win10-only? Just curious, it's
fine to build the driver only for Win10 for now even if it isn't.

Thanks!