qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu - tracing

From: Maroš Hrobák
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu - tracing
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:26:34 +0200

Hello,

I'm student at Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava and I'm
working on tracing process's memory access. I found out Qemu is good tool
for task such as mine. I would like to generate trace file from process
with two informations: type of access to memory and memory address
accessed. I can also parse some file generated by tracing tool from Qemu.
Although, I have big trouble with configuring Qemu, lack of guides to
tracing in Qemu and basically with tracing.

So I would like to ask and it would be really helpful, If you could send me
some manual for how to generate such file (with needed configurations).
Also if there is some other way to get such information with other tool or
something you can recommend. I'm using Ubuntu, but windows is no problem.
Question: Can Qemu get physical memory address or is it some "qemu
represented" address?

Thank you for your answer.

Maros