qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/10] Ui 20171011 patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/10] Ui 20171011 patches
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:00:01 +0100

On 12 October 2017 at 09:24, Daniel P. Berrange <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 05:45:04PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> $ ./scripts/git-submodule.sh update ui/keycodemapdb dtc
>> Cloning into 'ui/keycodemapdb'...
>> fatal: unable to access
>> 'https://gitlab.com/keycodemap/keycodemapdb.git/': Problem with the
>> SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
>> fatal: clone of 'https://gitlab.com/keycodemap/keycodemapdb.git' into
>> submodule path 'ui/keycodemapdb' failed
>
> I'm not sure what I can do about this one - if GIT can't checkout
> a normal git repo, this looks like a OS distro / setup bug on the
> build host.

Build system (which is a chroot) didn't have openssl or ca-certificates
packages installed. That hasn't been a problem so far because we
haven't used https:// for git previously.

I've updated the packages on the build system, but it would be nice
if we had a clearer error message when the problem is "we now
depend on some packages that we didn't previously and so you
should install them".

thanks
-- PMM