qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] irqfd for QEMU NVMe

From: Huaicheng Li
Subject: [Qemu-devel] irqfd for QEMU NVMe
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 16:17:32 -0500

Hi all,

I'm writing to ask if it's possible to use irqfd mechanism in QEMU's NVMe
virtual controller implementation. My search results show that back in
2015, there is a discussion on improving QEMU NVMe performance by utilizing
eventfd for guest-to-host notification, thus i guess irqfd should also work
? If so, could you briefly describe how to do that and how much can we save
for the host-to-guest notification path by using irqfd?

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Huaicheng