[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/core/loader-fit.c:105:41: error: expected expression

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/core/loader-fit.c:105:41: error: expected expression
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 18:02:36 -0300
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.2.1

On 07/26/2017 01:46 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
On Jul 26, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 26 July 2017 at 06:15, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jul 26, 2017, at 12:13 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi John,

On 07/25/2017 07:55 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
While compiling the mips64el-softmmu target I encountered these errors:
  CC      hw/display/g364fb.o
hw/core/loader-fit.c:105:41: error: expected expression
        *addr = fdt32_to_cpu(*(fdt32_t *)prop);
hw/core/loader-fit.c:105:32: error: use of undeclared identifier 'fdt32_t'

It seems you are missing the libfdt headers, so indeed you found bug.

Configure requires libfdt to exist to enable mips64el-softmmu,
so something is going wrong with our configure test compared
to how QEMU itself is being built.

That appears to help make things move past the loader-fit.c file. Here are the 
new errors:

  CC      hw/core/loader-fit.o
  CC      hw/dma/rc4030.o
  CC      hw/ide/via.o

It looks you ran "make -j3" firing 3 CC tasks.

hw/core/loader-fit.c:105:41: error: expected expression
        *addr = fdt32_to_cpu(*(fdt32_t *)prop);

...this is still failing on loader-fit.c in the same way.

And also the ./configure output, I'm interested by:

"fdt support       no”

Actually it was "fdt support       yes”.

Configure thinks the fdt headers are available…

They appear to be available. The dtc/libfdt folder does have the files QEMU 

./configure --target-list=mips64el-softmmu
Install prefix    /usr/local
BIOS directory    /usr/local/share/qemu
binary directory  /usr/local/bin
library directory /usr/local/lib
module directory  /usr/local/lib/qemu
libexec directory /usr/local/libexec
include directory /usr/local/include
config directory  /usr/local/etc
local state directory   /usr/local/var
Manual directory  /usr/local/share/man
ELF interp prefix /usr/gnemul/qemu-%M
Source path       /Users/john/Documents/Development/Projects/Qemu/qemu-git
C compiler        cc
Host C compiler   cc
C++ compiler      c++
Objective-C compiler clang
ARFLAGS           rv
CFLAGS            -O2 -g
QEMU_CFLAGS       -I/usr/local/Cellar/pixman/0.34.0/include/pixman-1 
-I$(SRC_PATH)/dtc/libfdt -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.46.2/include

...and it's put our local copy of libfdt on the include path.

The fdt32_t type that the compiler is complaining
about ought to be defined in the header in

The fdt32_t type is not there. Here is the full libfdt_env.h file:

#ifndef _LIBFDT_ENV_H
#define _LIBFDT_ENV_H

#include <stddef.h>
#include <stdint.h>
#include <string.h>

#define _B(n)   ((unsigned long long)((uint8_t *)&x)[n])
static inline uint32_t fdt32_to_cpu(uint32_t x)
        return (_B(0) << 24) | (_B(1) << 16) | (_B(2) << 8) | _B(3);
#define cpu_to_fdt32(x) fdt32_to_cpu(x)

static inline uint64_t fdt64_to_cpu(uint64_t x)
        return (_B(0) << 56) | (_B(1) << 48) | (_B(2) << 40) | (_B(3) << 32)
                | (_B(4) << 24) | (_B(5) << 16) | (_B(6) << 8) | _B(7);
#define cpu_to_fdt64(x) fdt64_to_cpu(x)
#undef _B

#endif /* _LIBFDT_ENV_H */

I wonder if you have an old copy of that submodule;
if so then "git submodule update" ought to fix it.

I’m not sure how to obtain the version of libfdt. I did see a file called 
At the top of this file is this text: "LIBFDT_1.2 {"
So maybe I am using version 1.2. Perhaps the configure test should declare a 
of the fdt32_t type in the test code.

After doing a git submodule update qemu-system-mips64el compiled successfully. 
Thank you.

Oops I wanted to ask your "git submodule status" output before that, to reproduce your bug. Anyway checking out a pre-v1.4.2 is enough.

Peter I guess I found the culprit, compile_prog is not called for dtc submodule. I'll send a patch.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]