qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Unified Datagram Socket Transport

From: anton . ivanov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Unified Datagram Socket Transport
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:12:23 +0100

Hi all,

This addresses comments so far except Eric's suggestion to use
InetSocketAddressBase. If I understand correctly its intended use,
it will not be of help for protocols which have no port (raw
sockets - GRE, L2TPv3, etc).

It also includes a port of the original socket.c transport to
the new UDST backend. The relevant code is ifdef-ed so there
should be no effect on other systems.

I think that this is would be the appropriate place to stop in this
iteration. I would prefer to have this polished, before I start
looking at sendmmsg and bulk send or some of the more unpleasant
encapsulations like geneve.

A.