qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Is compressed qcow2 better in read/write performance?

From: 陳培泓
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Is compressed qcow2 better in read/write performance?
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:39:27 +0800

qcow2 support compress option to compress image file.

I try to read both files through API by libguestfs(such as pread_device)

I'm confused with the performance during read or write

I tried to compress A.qcow2 to A_compress.qcow2 and it changes from 16GB to
23MB

I tried read on A_compress.qcow2, it seems faster than A.qcow2

maybe something wrong happened?