qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Nios2 documentation page now up

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Nios2 documentation page now up
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:59:04 -0400

On Jul 13, 2017, at 3:01 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:

> On 07/13/2017 08:23 PM, Programmingkid wrote:

>>> Great, thanks !
>>>
>>> A few nits, we also support nios2 userspace binary emulation. And Nios2
>>> is I believe Altera specific. And we only support Nios2 R1 EL thus far.

>> Thank you for the info. Did the suggested command line look good to you?
>
> I mean, ./configure --target-list=nios2-softmmu,nios2-linux-user when I
> say that userspace linux binary emulation is supported.

I just did a git pull and tried your configure command. This is the error I saw:

ERROR: Unknown target name 'nios2-linux-user'

>> Also would you know of any pre-made images the user could download to test
>> the emulator?
>
> I build them using OE with meta-altera myself.

Actually I was talking about a HD image file the user could try to boot from. A
simple test image file would be good enough.

>> I will add your note about how only Nios2 R1 EL is currently supported.
>>
>> If you have any pictures of this emulator running I would be glad to add
>> them to the wiki page.
>
> Not at the moment, just a random post on my G+ (which I'd prefer to NOT
> have linked in the wiki) ; although feel free to copy-paste the console
> output:
>
> https://plus.google.com/+MarekVa%C5%A1ut/posts/BEvfXANeCs7

I will be glad to post any pictures whenever you decide to add pictures to the
wiki page.