qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] trigonometric functions in softfloat

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] trigonometric functions in softfloat
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 22:27:57 +0200

Hi,

On 2017-07-05 10:25, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thomas has pointed out that WinUAE[1] has an updated softfloat library
> implementing missing operations for 680x0.
>
> Do you think these changes can be merged in QEMU?

From the licensing point of view, they seems to use the SoftFloat-2a
license, so that should be fine.

Personally I am fine adding general trigonometric functions to
softfloat, that might help other targets like x86 which uses  the math
functions from libm and thus have different behaviour/precision
depending on the host.

The question is more how m68k specific are those trigonometric
functions. If we can have a way to implement them as generic
trigonometric functions reusable by other targets, I am all for it. If
not that code would probably be better in target/m68k.

Aurelien

address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net