qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:25:34 +0100

On 22 June 2017 at 03:54, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
> The advantage a test image would have is the user doesn't have to worry
> about compiling a test using a cross compiler. Everything the user would
> need to test QEMU is already inside the image file (hopefully).
>
> Is the setup you want something like running 'make test' ? I imagine binary
> files included with QEMU would test the emulated CPU. There would be no need
> to cross compile anything.

I want our tests to be easy to add new tests for, and easy
for anybody to recreate the binary files. Certainly providing
pre-built binaries would be helpful (faster than rebuilding
whole system images), but we must have an automated mechanism
for saying "build this image from sources" too, so that if
we want to update the test program later it's easy to do that,
or if we want to add a second test that's like the first
one but slightly modified we can easily do that too.

thanks
-- PMM