qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Question] How can we confirm hot-plug disk succesfully?

From: Xie Changlong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Question] How can we confirm hot-plug disk succesfully?
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 15:21:57 +0800

Hi all

In device hot-remove scenario, if we don't probe acpiphp module on the guest, 'device_del' will never emit DEVICE_DELETED event(because guest will not write to __EJ0) . So we can confirm that hot-remove failed. But IIUC, there is no event such as DEVICE_ADDED, so
1) How can we confirm hotplug('device_add') successfully?
2) It seems when hot-plug disk, we don't care acpiphp module status on the guest, am I right?
3) Why there is no DEVICE_ADDED like event?

Any answer would be appreciated, thanks.

--
Thanks
    -Xie