qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] DMG chunk size independence

From: Ashijeet Acharya
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] DMG chunk size independence
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:33:07 +0530

Hi,

Great news!
I have almost completed this task and the results are looking
promising. I have not yet attended to the DMG files having bz2
compressed chunks but that should be easy and pretty similar to my
approach for zlib compressed files. So, no worries there.

For testing I am first converting the images to raw format and then
comparing the resulting image with the one converted using v2.9.0 DMG
driver and after battling for 2 days with my code, it finally prints
"Images are identical." According to John, that should be pretty
conclusive and I completely agree.

Now, the real thing I wanted to ask was, if someone is aware of a DMG
file which has a chunk size above 64 MiB so that I can test those too.
If yes, please share the download link with me.
Currently I am testing the ones posted by Peter Wu while submitting
his DMG work in 2014.
Here -> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-12/msg03606.html

Expect v1 soon...

Ashijeet