qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] rbd: Possible regression in 2.9 RCs

From: Alexandru Avadanii
Subject: [Qemu-devel] rbd: Possible regression in 2.9 RCs
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 23:42:17 +0000

Hi,
While testing out 2.9.0-rc2 on AArch64, we noticed a possible regression in
QEMU, related to parsing -drive 'file=rbd/...':
> "conf option 6789 has no value".

Instance logs [1].
Occasionally, we get "conf option too long", with the same effect.

We bisected this manually between 2.8.0 (working ok with the above cmd) and
2.9.0-rc2, and the problematic change seems to be the merge point [2].
The problem is not arch-specific, i.e. it applies to x86 too, but our set up is
based on AArch64, so I attached the logs I had lying around.

I would digg deeper into this myself, but I'm quite burnt out for today.

BR,
Alex

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/604938/
[2] https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/9a81b79