qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest application reading from pl011 without device dri

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest application reading from pl011 without device driver
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:33:22 +0100

On 22/03/2017 12:07, Peter Maydell wrote:
> That's not the end that's a problem. Here we know we have
> data available from the Windows end to read, we just
> can't feed it to the QEMU UART model yet because the
> UART model is saying "my FIFO is full, try later".
> We should be able to handle that. (I couldn't figure
> out how it works for the socket code either.)

On every iteration of the glib main loop, tcp_chr_read_poll returns zero
and io_watch_poll_prepare removes any previously created QIOChannel
event source for the file descriptor

When hw/char/pl011.c has free space in the FIFO tcp_chr_read_poll
returns nonzero, io_watch_poll_prepare adds again the QIOChannel event
source, the event source calls tcp_chr_read which reads from the socket
and passes the data to the PL011.

qemu_chr_fe_accept_input is only needed to force another call to
tcp_chr_read_poll.

Paolo