qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2017-03-14

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2017-03-14
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:15:18 +0100

Hi

After a long while, we have had a kvm call.

See the thread for the agenda for things that were discussed.  My notes
are a bit clear because I was also partipating.

Please, reply with more things.

- What to do with qemu to evolve?
  Making it more modular (seems to be a good idea)
  more configurable (decide what we compile in or not)
  * xen and kvm can already be compiled out
  * there are patches posted for tcg, but not upstream

- how widely use is kvmtool?

- Change to a different language?
  * what we want to achieve wit that?
    Better support to detect "errors"
    Less boilerplate code to have to write
    Easier language for writing emulation code

- Can we do anything better than more documentation for people that want
  to write a driver?

- Should we use more upstream libraries?  Should we develop more inside
  qemu?

- Object model?
  * Was QOM a good decision?  Better to move to glib model?

- Documentation?  What format are we going to use
  There are patches to be integrated.

- What can we do to help device model writers?

Thanks, Juan.