qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to upgrade QEMU?

From: Bob Chen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to upgrade QEMU?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 00:35:52 +0800

Hi folks,

I am about to upgrade my QEMU version from an ancient 1.1.2 to the latest.
My plan is to override all the installing files with the new ones. Since I
used to rename all the qemu-xxx binaries under /usr/local/bin with a
specified version suffix, so they are not my concern.

 Just wondering if it is safe to replace those /usr/local/share files (ROM
and keymaps?), while some some of my QEMU guests are still running
in-flight.

Regards,
Bob