qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-devel] Poll on QEMU documentation project

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-devel] Poll on QEMU documentation project
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:51:55 +0100

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26 January 2017 at 17:52, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> - HTML is mostly a destination format.  With the listed formats it is
>> possible to produce a variety of outputs (mostly HTML itself and PDF;
>> secondarily text or ePub or others).
>
> It's an interesting question to ask what destination formats
> we should be generating, though. At the moment we output
> HTML, plain text, PDF and info. Personally I think that list
> is too long and we should probably cut it down to HTML
> and PDF or perhaps even just HTML.

"What can we cut" is the wrong question.  The right one is "what are our
requirements".  Here's my try:

HTML: required
nroff with an macros: required
PDF: wanted (try printing a website)
plain text: nice to have (for me personally, more than that)
info: nice to have

If a solution we like can't provide something that's nice to have, we
can decide to take it anyway.

If a solution we like can provide something that's nice to have, we
should let it provide, unless it turns out to be a drag.